The patch notes of PUBG Season 9 has released. Check them here. The release date of season 9 update is 21 October.
New Map: Paramo
Cradled hidden among the clouds in the highlands of South America lies Paramo, an ancient land with ancient secrets. Paramo’s dangers are plentiful, but none so dangerous as the active volcano nearby whose molten lava streams flow across the land. Survivors dropping onto the Paramo Battlegrounds will only be able to reach the highlands via helicopter, which also have the task of distributing Care Packages around the field.
Paramo is a 3×3 map with a dynamic world new to PUBG. This dynamic world system alters locations between matches, making every trip to Paramo a unique experience.
Read on for the full details!
Due to our new Dynamic Map Locations system, Paramo will be provided as a Seasonal Match separate from current matchmaking pool.
- Seasonal Match will have bots disabled.
- Seasonal Match will not count for your Career > Stats.
Paramo Map Rules
- 3×3 km playable area with dynamic map locations.
- 64 Players
- TPP Squads Only
- No Red Zones
- The Blue Zone shrinks slowly, but deals more damage compared to other maps, even in the early phases of the match.
- The only vehicle available on Paramo are Motorcycles and they will spawn near small villages.
- In Paramo, you might find a ‘Secret Room Key’ while looting.. it’s gotta unlock something, right?
PUBG Season 9 Begins
A new ranked season has begun. Ranked rewards earned from Season 8 will be granted to your account upon login.
- Player ranks have been reset
- Players will be given their initial rank after 5 placement matches.
- RP has been soft-reset, so your initial Season 9 placement will be influenced by your Season 8 rank.
- Final player ranks and the regional Top 500 leaderboards will be finalized once live server maintenance is complete, to ensure all matches are accounted for.
- View your Season 8 stats and the Top 500 leaderboards of each region under Career > Stats
- Introduced Solo matches to Ranked Mode.
- Sanhok matches.
- Increased the size and waiting time of Phase 2
- Removed the dynamic Blue Zone mechanic which scaled circle speeds based on the number of players alive.
- Please note, these changes are only to Ranked Sanhok matches.
- Item Spawns
- AR/DMR Magazines spawns
- 4x, 6x and 8x spawns
- Canted Sight spawns
- Slightly decreased the spawn rates of 2x and 3x spawns
- Decreased Handgun/SMG Magazines spawns
- Decreased Handgun spawns, along with 9mm and .45ACP ammo
- Vehicle spawns
- Esports vehicle spawn locations will now always spawn a vehicle.
- Care Packages
- Added MG3 Care Packages on all Ranked maps
Weapon Balance Update
- Base damage reduction: 46 → 44
- Increased vertical recoil of early spray by 5%
- Increased horizontal recoil of early spray by 5%
- Slightly increased the minimum horizontal recoil
- Based damage reduction: 58 → 56
- Increased recoil during ADS by 5%
- Increased loss of bullet velocity by distance by 15%
These are some highlights of Patch Notes. Read full patch notes here.